My mother has been putting money away for a new television for almost a year now.She is finally ready to purchase and asked me for some assistance.
I found her the LG 55EF9500 and searched Google shopping for the best price. Abe's of Maine came up (image attached) with a price of $2329 with no tax and free shipping. This television sells for $2999 in most all big box retailers and she just couldn't afford that much. She was however willing to stretch her budget a little to accommodate the $2329 price.
Having dealt with them many years ago I advised my Mom that this is a good company and to go ahead and make the purchase. She did. Boy was that a mistake. The next day she received a call, first asking her to purchase extended warranty plans, and when she declined, telling her that she would have to pay $289 for the shipping.
She questioned this and was then told that it's to cover the insurance on the shipment. She texted me what was going on and I told her not to pay them anything more than she already had. Their website specifically stated free shipping in not one but two places (once on the product page itself and another when you are checking out). The man who called her (Jeff Stevens x272) was rude to her and she got off the phone and asked me to step in.
I called Jeff and asked what was going on. He fed me the same line about paying for the insurance of the shipment. I responded by saying you cannot state free shipping in multiple places on your website and then call and basically say "Ha Ha, just kidding, pay us another $289 or you don't get the product".
He started yelling at me (bear in mind I did not speak to him in an agitated voice in any way) saying I shouldn't bother ever calling them again until I "learned how to speak to people".I told him to cancel the order and hung up.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- False advertising
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver the television to my mother in flawless condition and reduce the price $200 as multiple competitors has listed for this lower price. $2119 should be the total and would go a long way to an apology for the hassle and disappointment caused
- Product or service
- Lg 55Ef9500
- Abes Of Maine Shipping Service
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "This refrigerator is quite cheap, but don't this let the price fool you. The quality of the stainless steel is the worst. After 3 months since we purchased it, front..."
- "Hi I bought the car from Saxton and I have been ask if I want dvd headrest entertainment unit as is on offer normally is £2000 but we doing it..."
- "We purchased our Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer from Lowe's in 2011. (Whirlpool Cabrio Washer Model WTW7800XW2). Before our one year warranty expired, I noticed the lid was..."
- "I live at The Enclave at Highland Horizon in Austin, Texas. I arrived home from work yesterday to find that construction workers had removed the temporary fencing put in place..."
- "I bought a 3 hour clean from Homejoy on Living Social and they came out yesterday. The cleaning lady was really nice and friendly, however her cleaning was not great...."
- "My Lane recliner came with a Lifetime Limited Warranty on the "black metal parts of the reclining mechanism." The mechanism is "warranted to be free of defect in materials and..."
- "Paid for a full $75 grooming appointment for my dog, stated in her progress report that everything was done, ears, trim, etc. such a joke, because it wasn't. My goldens..."
- "Am i the only one complaining about fake leads. And other contractors putting up job requests to make contractors waste credits. And some are customers puting up job requests just..."
- "I'm a 64 year old male, fit and healthy, with no history of allergies. I purchased a standard size Mypillow and received it mid October, 2016. It worked as advertised..."