My mother has been putting money away for a new television for almost a year now.She is finally ready to purchase and asked me for some assistance.
I found her the LG 55EF9500 and searched Google shopping for the best price. Abe's of Maine came up (image attached) with a price of $2329 with no tax and free shipping. This television sells for $2999 in most all big box retailers and she just couldn't afford that much. She was however willing to stretch her budget a little to accommodate the $2329 price.
Having dealt with them many years ago I advised my Mom that this is a good company and to go ahead and make the purchase. She did. Boy was that a mistake. The next day she received a call, first asking her to purchase extended warranty plans, and when she declined, telling her that she would have to pay $289 for the shipping.
She questioned this and was then told that it's to cover the insurance on the shipment. She texted me what was going on and I told her not to pay them anything more than she already had. Their website specifically stated free shipping in not one but two places (once on the product page itself and another when you are checking out). The man who called her (Jeff Stevens x272) was rude to her and she got off the phone and asked me to step in.
I called Jeff and asked what was going on. He fed me the same line about paying for the insurance of the shipment. I responded by saying you cannot state free shipping in multiple places on your website and then call and basically say "Ha Ha, just kidding, pay us another $289 or you don't get the product".
He started yelling at me (bear in mind I did not speak to him in an agitated voice in any way) saying I shouldn't bother ever calling them again until I "learned how to speak to people".I told him to cancel the order and hung up.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- False advertising
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver the television to my mother in flawless condition and reduce the price $200 as multiple competitors has listed for this lower price. $2119 should be the total and would go a long way to an apology for the hassle and disappointment caused
- Product or service
- Lg 55Ef9500
- Abes Of Maine Shipping Service
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
Currently PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "Hearthware has redesigned a new "Power Dome" that they say will withstand the temperature of the oven (why they would have designed a dome that doesn't withstand the heat, nobody..."
- "The first new wave oven I had worked great for over four years. Bought the two deal special late 2013. Gave one to my mom for Christmas. Kept the other..."
- "Stove Range Model #FGFL79DBE Purchased from Lowe's December 2005. Used the broiler for the very first time on May 9, 2010 and the stove caught on fire - insulation..."
- "Ordered a ugly Xmas sweater on December 14. By Christmas I emailed to try to cancel the order since it clearly wasn't going to arrive before Xmas and was told..."
- "Well I took my shih tzu in for his haircut came back to get him wasn't great but didn't care I took him to a petsmart so I didn't expect..."
- "I Googled i need to change my address at the post office so then i clicked on official usps change of address form, i read through everything to make sure..."
- "Two months ago we ordered a Marvin Ultimate Sliding French Door, supposedly the best of the best on the market. In fact, 10 years ago we ordered the same door..."
- "I recently purchased 8 of these "mason jar-looking drinking glasses. They have been used just a few times and the red color is flaking off of them!! I'm..."
- "I bought a 3 hour clean from Homejoy on Living Social and they came out yesterday. The cleaning lady was really nice and friendly, however her cleaning was not great...."